Kimble's Music & Movement for children aged from birth to 7 years
KIMBLES awaits you with a warm welcome. Our program is FUN and educational linking our activities to the Early Years Foundation Strategy. We use award winning music from 'Funky Feet Music' facilitating a toe tapping, foot stomping, thigh slapping, tummy tickling, hand clapping, instrument playing, lycra pulling, parachute waving, bottom wriggling fun filled experience for both carers, babies and children alike.
Your babies, toddlers and pre school children are in safe hands with our fully insured Kimble's staff trained in safeguarding & paediatric first aid and all our experienced teachers have regular fully enhanced DBS checks. A fun loving team which is made up of a mix of school teachers, early years practitioners, music professionals and parents themselves.
We have been delivering successful music sessions for many years with 100s of children enjoying our sessions each week. As well as offering sessions to children in the local community we also offer the Kimble's experience in many of the local schools, nurseries and playgroups as well as regularly running sessions for SureStart, libraries and children's centres. Training is also provided by partners Funky Feet Music for practitioners and teachers via workshops and inset days.
Our sessions contain a mix of both adult guided and child-led activities where the content is always fresh, topical, appropriate, lively and most of all FUN, generating a whole host of ideas that parents can do at home with their children and early years practitioners and school teachers back in their settings.
Involving your children in a Music and Movement program
The benefits of involving children in musical & physical activities are immense; we all as educators have a role to play in promoting children's health and well-being. Have fun whilst encouraging them to find different ways to enjoy movement to keep fit and healthy, exploring musical sounds through voice and instrument playing and engage the senses through multi-sensory activities which as a result helps them to reach their full potential.
A child's brain grows at its fastest rate in the first three years of life. It is hungry for stimulation; Kimble's Music and Movement provides age appropriate, multi sensory activities that will encourage your children to develop their musical abilities and body confidence can help children develop in many different areas:
- Listening, understanding, language, communication and concentration
- Control and coordination of gross and fine motor movement and building visual strength
- Crossing midlines to build brain connections, stimulate vestibular system and develop proprioception
- Pattern, Memory and sequencing skills required for maths and literacy
- Spatial awareness with the ability to control the speed of movement and negotiating space with others around them
- Collaboration, sharing and taking turns that builds self confidence that comes with involvement
- Positional and directional language and understanding spoken words or instructions
- A knowledge and understanding of the world through different genres of music and types of instruments.
So what are you waiting for? - Come and join in the FUN!- Booking not always necessary
£6 first child £3 addtional siblings over 6 months (discounts available when you pre-book)